Tuesday, October 27, 2009

It's Pumpkin Time & It's Party Time

This last weekend was spent going to a Halloween party and picking pumpkins with Thomas, Lindsay & Gabrielle. Saturday night our good friends Matt & Cindy held their 3rd annual Halloween/costume party. We had an absolute blast. Ric went as Caeser and Daniel went as Ric/Dad. I was a Roman Goddess! There was quite the group of characters that showed. We played Rat toss (aka Corn Hole) and mummy wrap complete with prizes for the best team as well as a prize for the best costume! The catered food was fabulous, spirits were high (both kinds), and fun was had by all!

Sunday afternoon we met up with Thomas, Lindsay and Gabrielle (as well as some of Lindsay's family) at Mother Nature's Farm. Every year they put on a "festival" for the entire month of October. It's a great place for families of young children to go and have some Fall fun! I love the way they post their admission prices. It reads: Children $7, Adults that want to tag along $3. Wonderfully, the $7 also includes a pumpkin and all the fun foam stickers you want to decorate the pumpkin of your choice. All of us, kids/parents/& grandparents, had a great time. They really have it down to a science - just enough "stuff" to do (very hands on) and all geared for little ones. Just look at what we did!


This was a nice big, SOFT hay bed for the kids to jump around in and throw the hay "high in the sky"!


Peek-a-boo


Gabrielle didn't just pick up the hay, she picked it up and CHUCKED/threw it as fast and hard as she could - she thought that was pretty cool stuff - that is once she got over her hands being a little dirty!


Look how tall I am!


Prettiest scarecrow on the farm!


I think I want this one!


Ooops, it's heavier than I thought!

Hurry up Grandpa - come on Papa!


Piece of cake!


See, I can do this myself!


Heading to the finish line!


Moooooooooooo.............


Ya gotta just LOVE fun foam stickers!


I'm a budding artist!


I'm ready to get otta here - anyone want to join me?


Daniel (aka Dad complete with Circle K coffee) & Ric (aka Caeser)


The cast of characters! Note the coffin/corn hole board!

No comments:

Post a Comment